Saturday, July 26, 2014

When is out of the the box.....in the box?

It's Saturday afternoon and I got a cold Corona going and feel like visiting with you guys for a while.......
One thing that all of you will probably agree on if you have spent any time hanging around marinas is that they usually harbor a few unusual types mixed in with the ordinary folks, the well heeled yachties, and the visionary romantic dreamers. Mine does!
Got up this morning at the crack of 9:30 and headed for Starbucks for my usual "Venti Blonde Roast with room for cream". To get out of the marina, you wind your way around various waterways, channels, small lakes, and sloughs. These are all favorite haunts of local fishermen.....oh sorry!....fisher persons because they all connect into Galveston Bay which is one of the most productive estuarine ecosystems in the world and it is full of fish.....trout, redfish, flounder, mullet, and hardheads. 
I was noticing these folks out enjoying the morning, bonding with friends and family on the water all anticipating a bountiful fishing expedition. It was a perfect morning for all....men, women, kids, pirates, philosophers, voyeurs,  and everyone else. Being a boat addicted sort, the boats themselves were of particular interest for me. When my sailing days are over, its a fishing boat for me. but that's another story................. Meanwhile back at the marina....

A 18 or 19 foot Mako....T-Top.....rod holders......live bait wells.... fish boxes.....fightin' chair.....trolling motor.....rocket launchers...
Big Merc.....a real nice rig...


Nice 16-17 Vip with about a 115hp Johnson.....not rigged as nice as the Mako but a good all around fun boat....

Another nice 19-20 foot fishing rig with good power....hydraulic jackplate for thin water....trolling motor....a fishin' machine...!

Another nice 17-19 foot center console fishing machine.....

"OK! OK!....nice boats but where you going with this Rich"... you must be wondering..........remember my comment about marinas usually having a few unusual types in their tenant mix that see things a little differently than most?.......
This guy is out there....on the edge.....wouldn't you agree....?

No motor....guess he paddles it? It's square....! You can't row it or sail it......!!

I see this guy all the time.....out fishing. One time he was about a half mile out into the bay.....another time he was in the middle of Clear Lake.....!!

I swear this is true and not just something that I put in here to be clever.......this dude is the only guy that I saw catching any fish !! I wouldn't lie to you my friends.....
Its time to say goodbye for now and for another Corona....this one I'm gonna toast to all of you out there that live on the edge but don't know it.....

Until next time...........Peace to you all my friends 




No comments:

Post a Comment